Capsule Wardrobe

Site 1: Everlane https://www.everlane.com/collections/womens-gift-shop#sustainable
Price: 40$

Site 2: Able https://www.livefashionable.com/?sscid=c1k3_3qxg1
Price: 197$ 

Site 3: Thought https://www.wearethought.com/
(The shirt) Price: 55$
Price: 102$
Price: 59$


Buying sustainably is really important to me, I always make sure my clothes are vegan, I do not buy wool or leather because it always makes me feel guilty that I am wearing an animal. Although I try to buy sustainably, I am guilty of buying from the fast fashion companies. The first top I picked out was from Everlane, which was the only brand that carried my size. I find it is very hard to shop for clothes for me because I am height wise still in kid sizes, and even if I want to thrift I have to crop my clothes, which from experience doesn't always work out. I liked this shirt because it was minimalist and I love turtlenecks. I think that the price is expensive, but more reasonable than the other things on the site. I think that this would go with jeans as well as cargo pants, so it is very useful. The second website I found was Able. They had really nice denim and I loved the black jeans I found. I liked that the cut-off was a little exaggerated and would go easily with any top I own because pairing colors with black is easy. It is crazy expensive, and I do not think my family would like it if I were to buy this. The next top I found was from Thought and was a black turtleneck. Again, I love turtlenecks, and it is black so it would go with different pairs of pants easily. I would love to buy this next pair of jeans, it is an orangey brown color and it looks gorgeous. It is expensive, but it would go with black and white tops, which I would have bought in this capsule wardrobe. Lastly, I like these blue pants from Thought which were on sale for 59$. I like big flowy pants so as soon as I saw these I wanted them. For me, a little on the expensive side but I feel like because they are so long and flowy even if they are slightly too big, I could still look good in them. They would look good with the rest of my wardrobe because I do not have a lot of patterned tops and blue pants go almost with everything. These pants would add a little bit of fun to my wardrobe because they are different from other pants I own. This capsule wardrobe is minimalist, but I find that all the pieces of clothes have a little bit of character. I was tempted to buy a few things on impulse, like fluffy socks that looked like reindeer heads, but then I asked the big question to myself “do I need it or do I want it”. This question is a key to making a capsule wardrobe, and multiple times while looking through these sustainable clothes I was tempted to buy the most extravagant pieces of clothing I saw.


Comments